A Partnership developed to transform the POC testing market
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the global collaboration partner of Samsung for commercialization and co-development of innovative solutions in the POC testing market. Together we provide excellent expertise in clinical diagnostics to fulfill customer needs and improve patient management. For healthcare professionals facing the complexity of daily requirements in emergency situations, a new point-of-care test, Samsung IB B·R·A·H·M·S PCT, offers an integrated solution for accurate sepsis diagnosis and antibiotic stewardship. The test, which received a CE mark for use in Europe, may further improve medical decision-making about risk assessment and therapy management.
Samsung IB B·R·A·H·M·S PCT
The Samsung IB B·R·A·H·M·S PCT is a rapid point-of-care (POC) immunoassay for the in vitro quantitative determination of Procalcitonin (PCT) in EDTA whole blood and plasma.
- Quantitative results
- Using whole blood - no centrifugation and other pretreatment
- Fast and fully automated - calibration via QR code, no extra tests necessary
- Long term storage at 2-8 °C; 30 days at room temperature
- Portable small device (rechargeable battery)
- Ideal for emergency departments, critical care units, physician offices, and other clinical settings where immediate availability of result is required
Correlation between Samsung IB B·R·A·H·M·S PCT and reference method B·R·A·H·M·S PCT™ sensitive KRYPTOR™ / ELECSYS® B·R·A·H·M·S PCT