B·R·A·H·M·S PCT assays have been demonstrated to improve the accuracy of diagnosis and risk assessment in bacterial infection and sepsis1 and to guide antibiotic therapy-related decisions2. PCT cut-offs and clinical algorithms were established by use of B·R·A·H·M·S PCT sensitive KRYPTOR assay which is the global reference standard
- For safe use of these cut-offs and algorithms with other PCT assays it is important to verify that these assays will provide the same result
- The most important criteria for the comparative performance are:
- High correlation to reference
- High assay sensitivity and precision
- High concordance at clinically relevant cut-offs
All B·R·A·H·M·S PCT assays use original raw material from B·R·A·H·M·S GmbH, are calibrated on the same standard and offer excellent correlation and concordance at the established clinical cut-offs.
B·R·A·H·M·S PCT - Secured clinical decision making independent of the platform
|ARCHITECT B·R·A·H·M·S PCT|
|VIDAS B·R·A·H·M·S PCT|
|LIAISON B·R·A·H·M·S PCT|
|Lumipulse B·R·A·H·M·S PCT|
|ELECSYS B·R·A·H·M·S PCT|
|Samsung IB B·R·A·H·M·S PCT|
|ADVIA Centaur B·R·A·H·M·S PCT|
SphereLight B·R·A·H·M·S PCT*
* Available in Japan only
|Automated sensitive assay||Point of care test||Manual assay|
1. Soni N.J. et al., J Hosp Med 2013;8 (9): 530-40.
2. Meisner, M., Procalcitonin – Biochemistry and Clinical Diagnosis, UNI-MED (Bremen) 2010; ISBN 978-3-8374-1241-3.